For starters, this is a very affordable way to eliminate a lot of the technical stuff when it comes to recording and producing your podcast. If you are just beginning in the podcast world, and do not want to spend a ton of money, this device can take care of multiple technical obstacles in one.
The UCA222 can have several purposes:
- It can be used a device to record units
- It can be used to record sound bites from the internet or anything playing off your laptop or desktop
- It can serve as a channel to patch in any potential guests you have lined up for interviews.
- It can be used as a to run through a channel on your mixing board to incorporate additional mics, music beds or even sound effects.
- It even comes with free software. All for $30
I’ve purchased multiple units. I’ll come up with a blog that shows you how you can incorporate using three of these units in a live podcast or broadcast setting. And it definitely works for pre-recorded podcasts, broadcasts, radio shows and TV show.
Here’s a simplified schematic to give you a quick idea of how this could work for new podcasters.
Really Cool Podcast Sound Card
Check the item out on Amazon.com.